Healing Financial Anxiety: A workshop
Course begins October 14 2017
How do you feel when you think about your bank account?
Do you have enough money for your retirement or an emergency?
How do you feel about people who have more money than you do?
For most of us, these questions evoke strong feelings.
The premise of this course is that our financial lives can be healed.
We can feel free and secure in this world.
We need the opportunity to be held and supported as we explore our thoughts and feelings about money.
This program uses a trauma-informed approach to our financial lives. It brings healing techniques from psychotherapy, coaching, and spirituality to our financial concerns.
The month-long program will consist of:
* Developing a sense of support for each other as we do this difficult work
* Creating an intergenerational money tree to see how money has influenced your family through the generations
* Calculating your financial worth through a step by step process that involves examination of the idea of worth
* Writing a financial biography describing key events in your financial life
* Experiencing yourself just as you are, taking it slow, and being held by myself and the group as you explore this very sensitive area
* Receiving healing and intuitive gifts from the group to help you along in your money development
This program is for you if:
- you want to explore your thoughts and feelings about money
- you believe your own psychology is part of what makes money difficult for you
- you are excited about new ways of thinking about and helping yourself when it comes to money
This program is not for you if:
- you are brand new to personal development work
- you are averse to spirituality
- you need specific financial advice
Facilitator: Alison Crosthwait, RP, CFA
I am a Registered Psychotherapist and Chartered Financial Analyst. I have a M.S. in Computational Finance from Carnegie Mellon University and 15 years experience in trading and research in financial markets. In this phase of my life, I am committed to healing. Money is one of the ways that the wounds of our culture are played out. I developed this course to bring grounding, safety, and possibility to our financial lives through listening, compassion, and love.
If you are not located in Toronto but are interested in this program click here to let me know. If there is enough interest I will adapt the program and run an online version in early 2018.
Money is a private matter and this course respects this deeply. You will not be asked to share any financial details with myself or other participants in the program.
We will be working on ideas and feelings around money and you can share these as you feel comfortable.
This is a three part course giving us the opportunity to dig deeply into our feelings about money over a 1-month period.
About three weeks before the course begins you will receive a workbook containing course material.. You should allow for 1 hour of preparation before our first meeting, 3 hours between the first and second meeting and 3 hours between the second and third meeting. The work you will do between meetings will be a crucial part of what we do when we meet so it is important that you have the time to do this work.
This program is intended for people with at least 6 months of personal development experience such as therapy, meditation, or bodywork. Therapists and healers are welcome.
The program will meet on the following dates:
Meeting #1: Saturday October 14th 8am – 10am (online)
Meeting #2: Saturday October 28th 10am – 4pm Avenue Road & St Clair in Toronto, lunch provided
Meeting #3: Saturday November 11th 8am – 10 am (online)
The online portion of the course will use Zoom. You will require a private space and high-speed internet connection during those times. You will be sent a link to click on in advance of the call. The sessions will not be recorded to protect our privacy. They are interactive so it is important that you are able to attend each one.
Cost: The cost of the program is $230 (including HST)
The program will be limited to 20 participants to ensure a personal experience for each participant.
Full refund available up to and including September 30, 2017.
This course will be hard work. And you will go at your speed. I am excited at the possibility of doing this work with you. Please let me know if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register below. If nothing appears, reload the page in your browser.